Helping Boys & Girls With Autism and Aspergers, Among Others:
Seven Stars helps boys and girls, ages 13 through 18, struggling with neurodevelopmental issues including autism and aspergers, executive function deficits (ADHD/ADD) and learning disorders (language-based, verbal and nonverbal). These neurodevelopmental issues, such as autism and aspergers, are thought to be a primary cause of emotional and behavioral disturbance and/or presenting issues, listed below.
As with everything we do, Seven Stars’ goal is not to enumerate the challenges a student might be having, but to find the strengths of each student through the multiple phases of our program – stabilization & assessments, residential treatment & adventure therapy. Building on each students’ successes (the foundation of positive pyschology), we strive to make each student as successful as possible through continual learning & growth.
Our students typically present and share the following challenges and/or difficulties:
These presenting challenges rather than specific diagnoses, such as autism and aspergers or learning disorders, are typically the more important characteristics in determining if Seven Stars is right for your child.
- Developmental immaturity
- Social difficulties
- Academic difficulties
- School refusal
- Family problems
- Anxiety and related issues (social anxiety, school avoidance, obsessive and/or compulsive behaviors, etc.)
- Mood disorders (depression, bipolar disorder, substance abuse induced, etc.)
- Addiction to technology (communication, entertainment, etc.)
- Substance use & abuse
- Executive function deficits
- Adoption issues
- Sensory issues (sensory integration disorders, hypersensitivity & hyposensitivity, eating issues, etc.)